- Windows, Linux, or Chromebook
- Google Chrome browser
For Windows, Linux, and Chromebook operating systems, you can instantly create desktop app from a website URL using Google Chrome. The desktop app icon resides on your desktop, just like any applications. It can also be pinned to the taskbar or placed on the metro style start menu or start screen.
With the Chrome App, operators can quickly launch the operator console in one click. Operators will need to do the following to create a PHP Live! Chrome App on their desktop.
- Launch Google Chrome browser
- Access your PHP Live! URL from the Google Chrome browser
- Add the following query to the end of the URL: ?auto=1
example original url: http://www.verypeachy.com/phplive/
example new url: http://www.verypeachy.com/phplive/?auto=1
- Press RETURN so the browser loads the new URL that contains the "?auto=1"
* it is important that the browser loads the new URL
- On the browser, click the upper right settings icon. Proceed to the "More tools"->"Add to desktop..."
- A popup confirmation box will appear. Be sure the "Open as window" checkbox is checked and then click "Add". There should now be a PHP Live! Chrome App icon on your desktop. The icon can be pinned to the taskbar, placed on the start menu or on the metro style app menu.
NOTE: On the initial launching of the PHP Live! "Chrome App", if the desktop notification is enabled for your operator console, the notification may not appear at first. From our research, you may need to at least login to the operator console using the Chrome App, then close the app and re-login. The desktop notification is functional on Chrome App.
more integrations: WordPress • Joomla • Xcart • Gmail • Facebook • WHMCS