Creation of custom themes is possible with the Download solution because all the files are downloaded and can be modified. For On Demand clients, please email email@example.com for custom theme creation price quote or if you have created a custom theme to be added to your On Demand system.
To create custom themes, you'll want to do the following:
- Access your phplive/ directory via FTP or SSH.
- Within the phplive/ directory, there is a themes/ directory that contains the bundled themes that are included with the software.
- Look inside the phplive/themes/ directory and locate the default/ theme.
- Make a copy of the entire default/ theme directory and rename it to a name of your choice. If you like the look of other themes and would like to create similar theme, simply copy that directory instead of the default/ theme directory.
- Within the newly copied theme directory, there are various images and the style.css file. Edit the style.css file to alter the theme to your needs. You'll want to contact your developer who is familiar with CSS style sheets.
- After creating the new theme it should now be available for selection throughout the PHP Live! system.
Theme Viewer addon - Simplify the custom theme creation process.
The Theme Viewer addon enables quick updated view of the theme during the custom theme creation process. Theme Viewer is a standalone application. It can be launched on any computer using just a web browser. PHP Live! system is not required. Theme Viewer can be downloaded at the client area.