If you need to reset the browser desktop notifications setting to re-request the notification or update the setting, you'll want to do the following:
- Login to your PHP Live! system as an operator
- After logging in, click the "globe" or "lock" icon next to the browser URL field (the URL field on the browser itself)
- If previous Desktop Notification was declined or accepted, there should be "Permissions" area on the information box that displays the current Desktop Notification setting. Update the setting to "Allow"
(if you do not see the "Permissions" area on the URL information box, then proceed to enable the Desktop Notification by clicking the top menu "Desktop Alert" on the operator area and enabling the feature.
Google Chrome browser:
- Access the Google Chrome "Settings" -> "Privacy" -> "Content Settings" -> "Notifications" -> "Manage exceptions"
- Remove the permission for the web URL address associated with your PHP Live! system
- Access the operator console and refresh the desktop notification area to be able to re-request the notification.
- Click "Allow" to enable the Desktop Notification
IE Edge browser:
- Access the IE Edge "Settings" -> "Advanced Settings" -> "Notifications"
- Switch On/Off the notification for your PHP Live! URL
IE 7/8/9/10/11 browser: Desktop Notification is not available for this browser
Safari browser: Desktop Notification is not available for this browser