The following is the upgrade procedures for the Download Solution. In brief, the upgrade process is replacing the old files with the new files.
FTP program recommendation - Some FTP programs tend to skip or partial FTP of files during bulk FTP. If you receive errors on your PHP Live! system after installation, you may want to upload the files again. To ensure there is not a redundant FTP process, we recommend FileZilla FTP Program.
Backup of the web/ directory (not required, but good idea) - Make a backup of the web/ directory prior to upgrading. The web/ directory contains important dynamic files and other settings. (if your PHP Live! system is installed at public_html/phplive/, the web/ directory would be public_html/phplive/web/, make a backup of that directory). Do not delete the web/ directory. Just make a backup of the directory.
It is suggested to upgrade the system after business hours when website activity is minimal. All operators should log out of the system before upgrading.
STEP 1. FTP
- Login to the Client area and access the top menu Downloads to download the latest PHP Live! version (ZIP compressed file) to your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded file and extract the entire phplive/ folder to your computer.
- Open an FTP connection to your web server and change directory to the PHP Live! system (the directory where the PHP Live! files are located, API/, addons/, index.php, phplive.php, etc).
- FTP the new PHP Live! files (the entire contents of the phplive/ folder that is located on your computer) to your web server, replacing the existing PHP Live! files. If the FTP program prompts to "override" or "replace", choose "yes" to override ALL previous files on the server to the new files. Essentially, you will be updating the old files to the new files. Be sure to FTP ALL the directories and files that are inside the phplive/ directory.
STEP 2. Web Patch
- After the FTP process has completed, launch a web browser and access your PHP Live! system. (example: www.YourSite.com/phplive/ )
Error to Note: If you see an installation page rather then an "updating" page, STOP! You'll want to repopulate the web/ folder with the backup created (detailed at the top of this documentation) and then refresh the page and try again.