The following is the upgrade procedures for the Download Solution. In brief, the upgrade process is replacing the current PHP Live! files on the server with the new files.
Before upgrading, make a backup of the phplive/web/ directory
The web/ directory contains important dynamic files and other system settings. Do not delete the web/ directory! Just make a backup of the directory.
It is suggested to upgrade the system after business hours when website activity is minimal. All operators should log out of the system before upgrading.
- Login to the Client area and download the latest PHP Live! version to your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded file and extract the entire phplive/ folder to your computer.
- Open an FTP connection to your web server and change directory to where the phplive/ folder is located. You want to make sure you are seeing the phplive/ directory, not the contents inside it.
- FTP the new PHP Live! files (the entire phplive/ folder that is located on your computer) to your web server, replacing the existing phplive/ directory. If the FTP program prompts to "override" or "replace", choose "yes" to override ALL previous files on the server to the new files. Essentially, you will be updating the old files to the new files.
For cPanel users, you can simply upload the downloaded tar file (NOT the zip format) to the sever through cPanel then extract the tar file (the tar format will set the correct directory and file permissions). If wanting to use the zip format, you will need to unzip the zip file on the computer and upload the files using an FTP program.
- After the FTP process has completed, launch a web browser and access your PHP Live! system.
(example: www.your-website.com/phplive/ )
Error to Note: If you see an installation page rather then an "updating" page, STOP! You'll want to repopulate the web/ folder with the backup created (detailed at the top of this documentation) and then refresh the page and try again.