The following is the installation procedures for the Download Solution. On Demand solution does not require installation of the software.
- Login to the Client area and download the latest PHP Live! software.
- Unzip the downloaded file to produce the folder phplive/ that contains the software files.
- Using an FTP program (FileZilla FTP is a great FTP program), open an FTP connection to your server and transfer the entire phplive/ folder to a location that can be accessed from a URL. (example: www.your-website.com/phplive/)
For cPanel users, you can simply upload the downloaded tar file (NOT the zip format) to the sever through cPanel and then extract the tar file (the tar file contains the correct directory and file permissions for most cPanel environments). If wanting to use the zip download format, you will need to unzip the zip file and upload the files using an FTP program.
For Plesk users, tar file upload and extract is not available on Plesk. FTP of the files would be required for Plesk.
- After the FTP of the phplive/ folder is complete, inside the phplive/ folder contains the directory web/. The directory web/ will need full read/write permissions. The web/ directory will store temporary files and other software dependent dynamic system variables. From the FTP program, right click the web/ folder and select option "File permissions" or "Permissions". Check ALL the boxes, including "recurse into subdirectories" and submit changes.
- Contact your web server admin to create a new database for your PHP Live! system and request the following information:
* MySQL Host
* MySQL Login
* MySQL Password
* MySQL Database Name (the database the PHP Live! system will use to store data)
Be sure the MySQL Login (MySQL User) has the following privileges granted because database tables will need to be created, updated and altered during the installation and future upgrades:
ALTER, CREATE, DELETE, INDEX, SELECT, DROP, INSERT, UPDATE
For more information on database creation, the documentation Creating MySQL database for PHP Live! will provide information to create a MySQL database.
Now that you have the database information, let's continue.
- Open a web browser and access your PHP Live! system.
Optional Installation on HTTPS (SSL): To install PHP Live! on HTTPS, access the PHP Live! system from the HTTPS URL.
- Proceed with the web based installation with the above MySQL information (step 5) ready.
- Provide all the values on the Installation page.
- Install and Done!
Possible installation errors to note:
500 internal server error - If you receive this error when accessing the phplive/ directory via the URL, try setting the phplive/ folder and all the folders to 755 and all files to 644. Most FTP programs will have a setting (right click the folder name and then "File permissions" or "Permissions" menu option) to set a specific permission of all folders and files recursively. If you do not see such option, consider using FileZilla FTP Program.
File directory permissions error on SELinux server environments - Not confirmed but according to source, the SELinux context type should be set as
httpd_sys_content_rw_t instead of
httpd_sys_content_t so that the folder is both readable and writable for apache. Changing the context recursively is done with the following command:
# chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t /full_path_to_your_PHP_Live_system/
Possible system directory creation error on IIS web servers - If you experience an error of creating system directories during the web installation process, double check the IIS_IUSRS or the IUSR user has full Read and Write permissions for the phplive/web/ folder.
Helpful Information: Optimize your PHP Live! system: Improve and optimize the server and the PHP Live! system.