The following is the installation procedures for the Download Solution.
- Server OS: UNIX, Windows or Mac
- Web server: any web server with PHP
- Server memory or disk space is dependent on your website traffic and the estimated live chat usage. In most cases the current server environment that you may have should be sufficient. After the PHP Live! system has been in production for some time, memory and disk space can be scaled as needed. Please contact your server admin for more information.
- PHP >= 4.3
- MySQL >= 4.1 or MariaDB
PREP: Contact your web server admin to create a new database for your PHP Live! system and request the following information:
- MySQL Host
- MySQL Login
- MySQL Password
- MySQL Database Name (new database created for the PHP Live! system)
Be sure the MySQL Login has the following privileges granted because tables will need to be created, updated and altered during the installation and future upgrades:
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER
For the command line examples to create a user and database for the PHP Live! system, please view the documentation:
MySQL command line examples to create a user and database for PHP Live!
- Login to the Client area and download the latest PHP Live! software.
- Unzip the downloaded file and extract the entire phplive/ folder to a location on your computer.
- Open an FTP connection to your server and transfer the entire phplive/ folder to a location that can be accessed from a web URL. (example: www.your-website.com/phplive/)
For cPanel users, you can simply upload the downloaded tar file (NOT the zip format) to the sever through cPanel and then extract the tar file (the tar format will set the correct directory and file permissions). If wanting to use the zip format, you will need to unzip the zip file on the computer and upload the files using an FTP program.
- The directory phplive/web/ will need full read/write (777, chmod a+rwx web/) access by the web server. The phplive/web/ directory will store temporary files and other software dependent dynamic system variables. From the FTP program, right click the phplive/web/ folder and select option "File permissions" or "Permissions". Check ALL the boxes, including "recurse into subdirectories" and submit changes.
- Open a web browser and access your PHP Live! system.
- Proceed with the web based installation with the above MySQL information ready.
- Provide all the values on the Installation page.
- Install and Done!
Possible server error.
500 internal server error - If you receive this error when accessing the phplive/ directory via the URL, try setting the phplive/ folder and all the folders to 755 and all files to 644. Most FTP programs will have a setting (right click the folder name and then "File permissions" or "Permissions" menu option) to set a specific permission of all folders and files recursively. If you do not see such option, consider using FileZilla FTP Program.
File directory permissions error on SELinux server environments - Not confirmed but according to source, the SELinux context type should be set as
httpd_sys_content_rw_t instead of
httpd_sys_content_t so that the folder is both readable and writable for apache. Changing the context recursively is done with the following command:
# chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t /full_path_to_your_PHP_Live_system/
Possible system directory creation error on IIS web servers - If you experience an error of creating system directories during the web installation process, double check the IIS_IUSRS or the IUSR user has full Read and Write permissions for the phplive/web/ folder.
Helpful Information: Optimize your PHP Live! system: Improve and optimize the server and the PHP Live! system.