With the introduction of PHP Live! v.4.2.112, an option to switch off the cookie use can be done within the setup area. PHP Live! v.4.2.112 reduced the numbers of cookies to only 2 cookies set for the visitor chat area.
phplive_vname - contains the visitor's name for pre-populate of the "name" form field for future chat requests
phplive_vemail - contains the visitor's email for pre-populate of the "email" form field for future chat requests
* both cookies are stored for 1 year duration or until the visitor clears their browser cookie
To disable cookies:
- Be sure your PHP Live! system is version 4.2.112 or greater.
- Login to your PHP Live! Setup area.
- Click the top menu "Settings".
- From the "Settings" area, click the "Cookies" submenu.
- Change the value and done!