With the introduction of PHP Live! v.4.2.112, an option to switch off the cookie use can be done within the setup area. PHP Live! v.4.2.112 reduced the numbers of cookies to only 3 cookies set for the visitor chat area.
phplive_vname - contains the visitor's name for pre-populate of the "name" form field for future chat requests
phplive_vemail - contains the visitor's email for pre-populate of the "email" form field for future chat requests
phplive_vid - The visitor unique session string generated by the system for improved visitor identification
* the above cookies are stored for 1 year duration or until the visitor clears their browser cookie
To disable cookies for the visitor, here is what you will want to do:
* Documentations are written assuming that your PHP Live! is always the latest version. If you do not see the menu options or the feature, you may want to upgrade your system to the latest version. The latest version can be downloaded at the client area.
- Login to your PHP Live! Setup Admin area.
- Click the top menu "Settings".
- At the "Settings" page, click the "Cookies" sub menu.
- Change the value and done!