First, try the "forgot password" link on the login page. If you do not see the forgot password link, you'll want to upgrade your system to the latest version. The latest version can be downloaded at the client area.
However, if you have forgotten the Setup admin login or the email address, a manual update of the password directly at the database level is needed. Here are the steps to manually update the Setup Admin password directly at the MySQL database:
- Using a MySQL front-end tool (such as PHPMyAdmin), access the PHP Live! database and locate the table p_admins.
- Edit the p_admins column "password" and input the new value
NOTE: If you see a "Functions" drop down menu, you'll want to leave that drop down menu to a blank value. Do not select a selection from the drop down menu. It should be left a blank value.
- Save the value.
- Access your PHP Live! setup login. (www.YourSite.com/phplive/setup)
- The new setup password is now phplive
For On Demand clients:
- Login to the client area and there should be a button on the main page to reset the Setup Admin password.