Important Notes about bulk FTP upload
Some FTP programs may skip or partially FTP some files during bulk FTP. Though it is rare, if you receive errors on your PHP Live! system after upgrading or if pages seem to not load entirely, you may want to upload the files again. To ensure there is not a redundant FTP process, we recommend using FileZilla FTP Program as we use this program and it has been always reliable.
It is suggested to upgrade the system after business hours when website activity is minimal. All operators should log out of the operator console.
NOTE: It is recommended that all operators logout of the system prior to the upgrade and then log back in after the upgrade has been completed.
- Access the OSI Codes Inc. client area and click the top menu "Downloads" to download the latest PHP Live! package to your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded file to produce the phplive/ folder and all the software contents.
- Double click the phplive/ folder to view the contents. There should be an API/, ajax/, web/, pics/ and other various folders and files.
- Launch an FTP program and open an FTP connection to your web server.
- On your web server, change directory to where your PHP Live! system is located. The PHP Live! system on your server should also contain an API/, ajax/, web/, pics/ and other various folders and files.
- FTP the computer copy of the phplive/ folder contents and upload it to your server, replacing the existing PHP Live! files on the server to the latest files.
- If the FTP program asks to "override" or "replace", choose "yes" to override ALL previous files on the server.
- After the FTP process has been completed, launch a web browser and access your PHP Live! URL to begin the patch process. (example: www.YourSite.com/phplive/)