To transfer the PHP Live! system to a new server, there are basically three steps:
- Move the PHP Live! files to the new server.
- Edit the configuration file to match the new server. (phplive/web/config.php)
- Export the PHP Live! MySQL database and import to the new database on the new server.
1. Move the PHP Live! files to the new server:
- Compress your entire phplive/ directory using ZIP or tar.
- FTP the compressed file to the new server location.
- Decompress the file.
2. Edit the configuration file to match the new server: (phplive/web/config.php)
- Edit the phplive/web/config.php file on the new server.
- Update the domain, file path and MySQL information to reflect the new server settings. The variables that requires change are:
$CONF['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] = addslashes( 'new_full_directory_path_to_phplive' ) ;
$CONF['BASE_URL'] = 'new_url_of_your_phplive_system' ;
$CONF['SQLHOST'] = 'new_db_host' ;
$CONF['SQLLOGIN'] = 'new_db_login' ;
$CONF['SQLPASS'] = 'new_db_password' ;
$CONF['DATABASE'] = 'new_db_name' ;
3. Export the PHP Live! MySQL database and import to the new database on the new server. There are couple ways to do this:
- Contact the server admin to directly access MySQL var/ directory and zip or tar up the entire folder of the PHP Live! database and decompress it on the new server's MySQL var/ directory. A restart of the MySQL server is required after the decompression of the data file on the new server.
- Using MySQL front-end tool (such as PHPMyAdmin), export the entire database to a file, both the structure and the data. On the new server, create a new database and then import the text file containing the entire PHP Live! data. You can either use the upload file option or open the file and copy/paste the entire content and paste it into the SQL query window at the new database using a MySQL front-end tool.